First-does anybody remember that show?? (NZR) It came on EARLY in the morning and had a 70's chick and guys and people dress up in giant animal costumes like an owl--anybody??

We went on Ian's field trip to the Ft. Worth Zoo recently. The week before they studied insects and made these cute shirts so we wouldn't loose them in the crowds of millions of other elementary school kids there for 1/2 price day. I really enjoyed Ian being our guide and telling us info that he has recently learned in school. He really loves science and learning how things work and the components in different parts of nature. For example, we have talked multiple times about seeds, what things are seeds, how many seeds are in different plants, what seeds are made out of it.....
Evan and Gavin came with and yes, Evan acted like this the entire time. I was joking with the other mom with us about needing a leash for him when we first started and was seriously ready to buy one off of someone within minutes of being there. I was waiting to turn around and see him in a cage with something sharing it's lunch. (he does eat dog food-why not orangutang?)


This was definitely the highlight of our visit. It is an enclosed space surrounded by trees and full of birds. You buy sticks with seeds stuck on the end and give the birds a treat! Both of the boys were able to get close to birds and really felt close to nature. Ian even had one perch on his stick so he felt like he was the bird whisper for the rest of the day!
It was fun day but I can say that I will never venture out there again without 1) a harness, 2) my husband 3) a teleporter so I don't have to drive the hour and a half to get there and back! How much is that in gas- like 50 bucks?? Till next years field trip!

2 comments:
This brought back memories of KT's school field trip to the zoo. Daniel was quite the wiggle worm too and kept wandering away from my side. It was a fun and stressful day. I enjoy going to the zoo on quiet days with just our little family. But hey Jess - you survived!
That sounds fun? Remember when you used to see kids on leashes and think it was a horrible thing? Ah, ignorance is bliss. We just had a wild zoo field trip ourselves....
Glad you survived and had a little fun in the process!
Post a Comment