Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Still ticking...

This blog is going to be a time capsule for awhile...




Imagine it is August 23rd, 2008. Our 11th anniversary! We head downtown to renew ourselves and be kid free for the weekend.




(my hobbit in the reading nook)



I have to say I felt so loved when I saw the hotel. The Polamer is so tragically hip! Shawn knows me so well and how much aesthetics fill me up! It was so beautiful and modern and our room even had a sculpture in it!



(this isn't the sculpture: just a lovely something on an end table)


We ate an embarrassing amount of food! Spanish (Barcelona Chick), Sprinkles Cupcakes, Hector's on Henderson, urban Taco. Our love of food began as poor college students trying my first indian food and then eating our way through the all the cities we have lived.



We are so crazy when we travel, even when it is in town-go,go,go! We did get massages the first day and enjoyed the pool but I still felt rushed. Maybe when I can stay a month at some great destination I can chill out, relax and just BE for longer than 30 minutes. My hypothesis of my onset of adult ADD is becoming more and more confirmed...





So, what have we learned. That through everything we still got it! 11 years have flown by and I can't wait to see what eternity has in store for us. I feel so lucky to have such a great partner in life that I love so much. Who wouldn't love this gun show?!

9 comments:

Jane said...

Congrats on your anniversary! What a fun weekend getaway!!!

Debbie said...

You guys are so fun. I would imagine Shawn loved that last photo of himself on the blog. I'm glad you enjoyed a little get-away.

In regards to your post about Shauna, she updated our blog this past week. She is so talented! You'll have to check out our blog. Take care, Jessica. Are you coming to the park tomorrow?

Holly and Chris Kneeland said...

Great pictures! You guys look like you just got married yesterday! That is what getting away from the boys for a little while will do to you!

Carrie said...

Look at how tiny and gorgeous you are!

Congrats on your 11th anniversary! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Shauna said...

That looks like so much fun!

Hope to get your look up this week!!

Holly and Chris Kneeland said...

Nice blog! I like it!

Life in the Oliver Lane! said...

You are so stinking cute! You did pick a great guy. I was impressed with the gun show too! I am living the new look of your blog.

Jennie said...

talk about hilarious... you!

Laura said...

Looks like a great anniversary. i am glad to have found you on here. Your family is so cute. Come check out our blog as well!